Bernard Chevalier, MD, FSCAI, FESC
- Fellow of the Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions
- Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology
- Medical Director, PCR Online
- Scientific Committees, European Congress of Cardiology & EuroPCR
- Co-director, Tokyo Percutaneous Cardiovascular Intervention Conference
- Past co-director of Interventional Cardiology, Centre Cardiologique du Nord, Saint-Denis.
Currently attending at Institut Cardiovasculaire Paris-Sud, Dr. Chevalier has provided key leadership to numerous important clinical trials in interventional cardiology and serves on the governing and editorial boards and scientific committees of numerous congress organizations including the European Congress of Cardiology and the EuroPCR. A thought-leader in the field, he is co-director of the transcatheter valve section of the EuroPCR scientific program. He has extensive experiencein transcatheter heart valve implantation with both the CoreValve and Edwards valve devices and has helped to guide the clinical investigations that established the application of these systems. His ongoing work in transcatheter valve procedures continues to provide intelligence on the wider application of this approach to heart valve disease.
Ziyad M. Hijazi, MD, MPH, FACC, FSCAI
- Professor of Pediatrics and Internal Medicine and Rush University Medical Center
- Director, Rush Center for Congenital and Structural Heart Disease
- Fellow & Past President, Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Fellow of the American Heart Association
- Director, Pediatric & Adult Interventional Cardiac Symposium (PICS-AICS)
Known worldwide through an illustrious career in congenital and structural cardiac interventions, Dr. Hijazi’s experience in clinical and investigational interventional cardiology has informed a prodigious collection of publications and original contributions to the field. Past Chief of Pediatric Cardiology at Tufts University, University of Chicago, and now Chief at Rush University Medical Center, he serves on numerous editorial and advisory boards and directs the PICS-AICS, the most important annual symposium of pediatric and adult structural heart disease. At the forefront of developments, he has pioneered a number of interventional treatments for pediatric and adult structural heart disease, including transcatheter pulmonary heart valve implantation. He served as the principal investigator for the pivotal U.S. trial of the Edwards transcatheter pulmonary valve, and his work on this procedure continues to guide its development. He has published more than 200 papers in peer reviewed journals and 5 books.